Monday, November 22, 2004

November 22nd reflections

Monday 11/22/2004
1 Peter 5 - Church leaders must be strong and set an example for others - don’t be proud - but humble - want to serve - have that desire to serve - don’t be bossy - you will be given a crown that never loses it’s glory - I find it interesting that the note states that in ancient times an athlete who had won a contest was rewarded with a crown of flowers as a sign of victory- just like in the recent Olympics
Jeremiah 39-40 - So the Babylonians finally take Jerusalem - they are told to protect Jeremiah - all the rich and influential are taken away and only the poor who own no land are left in Jerusalem - the Babylonians led Jeremiah out captive like the rest but set him free later - Jeremiah decides to stay around Judah
Psalm 138 - With all my heart I praise God
Wedding gifts to give each other always- Love-Encouragement-Prayer - doesn’t matter if your married or not -- we give all this to each other always
Jesus is King of my life - giver of all good - giver of life - serve and follow his lead
Love and respect your spouse
Psalm 122 - Be glad when you go to God - let peace be in you at these times and places
1 Corinthians 15.12-34 - Jesus died so all would be made alive
Psalm 8 - God is majestic -- just look around and see!
Prayer - Lead me this day in your strength - keep me humble - keep me a servant to those in this world - Lead me in service and love for others - Lead me to respect those I serve - Open my eyes this day to your world - Let me see your majesty and power - Let my life and actions bring honor and glory to you alone. Forgive me my sins and give me that bold life to proclaim you and serve you today. --- Amen

No comments: