Saturday, November 27, 2004

November 27th reflections

Saturday 11/27/2004
Galatians 2 - Here Paul talks of circumcision - how as Jews part of the covenant with God was to be circumcised - but God goes well beyond the physical act of circumcision - God is looking for the circumcision of our hearts - in circumcision the blood of the male gift of life is shed - God shed that blood in his gift of life in Jesus suffering and death - we now are to center Jesus in our circumcised hearts - not through the act of circumcision - God acted first in his love for us - in the shed blood of Jesus - we can’t fulfill our own salvation through obeying the law - the law points out our failure - the law leads us to Christ and the need we have to be saved through Jesus - we can’t save ourselves - if we could it would make Jesus death and resurrection meaningless - therefore in our faith in Jesus we have had our hearts circumcised - all are now welcome through faith in Jesus saving grace and gift of life.
Jeremiah 49-50 - Destruction of many lands in the area and finally even Babylonia - Israel will return to Jerusalem - God rules - not people - turn from the idols in life back to God- and Oh how prophetic Woody Hayes was when he talked likewise about that “enemy from the north� - but at least this year that enemy went down to defeat - unlike what happened to Babylonia with the Medes as mentioned in Jeremiah
Psalm 143 - Listen, LORD, as I pray! - my soul is a desert - thirsty for water from you - each morning let me learn more about your love because I trust you- I come to you in prayer - asking for your guidance - show me what you want me to do - let your Spirit guide me
Wedding gifts to give each other always- Love-Exhortation-Prayer - doesn’t matter if your married or not -- we give all this to each other always
Jesus is King of my life - giver of all good - giver of life - serve and follow his lead
Remember your stories and give thanks. Remember your stories of God’s love - way back in time - way deep in my heart - stories now present today and love deep inside
I believe in God the Creator- Savior and Spirit
Romans 13.11-14 - put on the armor of light - put on Jesus
Romans 8.26-28 - God searches the heart - the Spirit intercedes for me in prayer - this is comforting - We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose
Psalm 102 - Lord - even though I suffer - you are with me to protect me - you came down to me - you save me
Prayer - Jesus - cut your way into my heart - open it wide so that I may receive the light of your grace - open my heart wide - see my sin and forgive me - open my heart wide and let your light shine to a dark world through my heart - open the hearts of all Christians that you light may illuminate this world so brightly that the stars of heaven reflect that same light back into this dark world - may your light penetrate the hearts of those who now don’t believe - may they see your glory and power and grace- may they turn to you and shout with joy and thanksgiving - I believe- I believe - I believe!! --- Amen

No comments: