Thursday, November 25, 2004

November 25th reflections

Thursday 11/25/2004
2 Peter 3 - Do some honest thinking - remember what you have been taught - remember what God commands you to do - in the last days some people will only think about their own selfish desires - the earth came out of water and was made from water - later it was destroyed by a mighty flood - but for now it will remain until the judgment - “Dear friends, don’t forget that for the Lord one day is the same as a thousand years, and a thousand years is the same as one day.� - god is patient cause he wants everyone to turn from sin - the day of the Lord - the heavens will disappear and the heat will melt the whole universe - sounds cool - well not cool but cool - everything will be destroyed - so you should serve and honor God by the way you live and look forward to that cool day - well maybe not cool again but cool - God has promised a new heaven and a new earth - maybe that one will be really cool - well not cold but just cool - while I wait - like Luther says - I’ll just go plant a tree if I know it’s all going to end tomorrow - but really - try to be spotless, pure and live at peace - so plant that tree!
Jeremiah 45-46 - When God is active in my life - don’t even think about making big plans for myself - cause God already has a plan for me - He’ll take care of me though - Egypt is defeated - “no medicine can heal you, not even the soothing lotion from Gilead.� -- there is a balm in Gilead - I like this - sometimes I judge others like this - “Give the king of Egypt this new name, “Talks-Big-Does-Nothing.� - the enemy from the north will attack you, beautiful Egypt, like a fly biting a cow -- boy what an expression! - but God doesn’t want Israel to be afraid - even though for now they are being punished - God still loves them and will bring them home
Psalm 141 - I pray - hurry to help me God!- only God’s grace - freely offered and freely given- opens my heart to goodness
Wedding gifts to give each other always- Love-Exhortation-Prayer - doesn’t matter if your married or not -- we give all this to each other always
Jesus is King of my life - giver of all good - giver of life - serve and follow his lead
Remember your stories and give thanks. Remember your stories of God’s love - way back in time - way deep in my heart - stories now present today and love deep inside
God created me - out of nothing - what was I a thousand years ago? - nothing - but God created me anyway - God takes care of my daily needs out of nothing - but he made me excellent through his Son - how blessed and thankful can I be -- God is God!
Fear God’s wrath and don’t disobey Him - he promises grace and every blessing - I will love and trust him and do what he commands
John 6.25-35 - Jesus-when did you come here? -- He’s always been here - with me - sometimes I’m just too stupid to recognize it -- for the bread of God is that which comes down from heaven and gives life to the world. - God always comes down - Jesus is always here - I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty -- Hey! You big goof! -- Just look around it’s easy to come to Jesus -- look right within your heart -- he’s there already!
Philippians 4.4-7 - Rejoice in Jesus - let your gentleness be known - don’t worry - in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God
Psalm 147 - Gods delight is not in the strength of the hors, nor his pleasure in the speed of the runner; buth the LORD take pleasure in those who fear him, in those who hope in his steadfast love. -- It’s not how good you are, but you place your hope in God’s love. Praise God!
Prayer - Jesus - send that fly to bite this cow - let it bug me to death - let it spur me to turn back to you - forgive my sins - let me turn around and swat that fly - but that fly was a gift from you to turn me around - thanks for flies - I can feel your love - I can feel it in touch, sound, smell and taste - for you touch my heart - I can hear your Word - I can smell the perfume of sacrifices rising to you - I can taste that bread and wine - that body and blood - I can feel your presence in my heart - here with me - you are here- let me realize that and turn to you and away from my selfish desires - I will let you lead me from within - let you tell me how to serve - let you guide me - I look forward to your return in the end - but for now - I feel your presence and trust in you - that end is no big deal today - I may as well plant that tree of life in this world here and now and let all see the gift of life that you gave in that garden long ago in that tree of life - and see how that tree of life changed into the wood of the cross that you died upon out of great love for those of us who were created out of nothing - all praise and honor and glory and thanks belong to you -- now and forever! --- Amen

No comments: