Wednesday, November 24, 2004

November 24th reflections

Wednesday 11/24/2004
2 Peter 2 - Watch out for false teachers - God did not have pity on the angels that sinned - He threw them into hell - This refers back to Genesis - when angels united with man - I think the Nephilim - this was before the flood - God will rescue the righteous - there were some pretty shady things going on back when the Christian church was beginning - watch out for this stuff - it’s trouble - you are a slave of whatever controls you - “A dog will come back to lick up its own vomit� -- sick - but true - I’ve seen it!!! - Ahhhh!-- Real freedom is when you give yourself to God’s will - if you don’t and you believe - you will return to your sin like the dog returns to his vomit
Jeremiah 43-44 - They didn’t listen again to Jeremiah and God’s message and went to Egypt anyway - this had to be frustrating for Jeremiah - God told Jeremiah to take some large stones in Tahpanhes (in Egypt) and bury them underneath the brick pavement - do it in front of everyone - The Babylonians will build a throne over the stones and destroy Egypt - God will destroy the rebellious of Judah who ran to Egypt and worshipped other gods - the people of Judah were brazen in their disregard of God and worshipped other gods on purpose in God’s face -- asking for big trouble
Psalm 140 - God rescues and protects
Wedding gifts to give each other always- Love-Exhortation-Prayer - doesn’t matter if your married or not -- we give all this to each other always
Jesus is King of my life - giver of all good - giver of life - serve and follow his lead
Encourage your neighbors wife to remain royal and his entire household too
Philippians 4.4-9 - Rejoice in God - don’t worry - pray and God takes care of you - you will have peace beyond understanding - and your heart will be in Jesus - think about the good stuff - and keep on doing the good stuff
Colossians 3.12-17 - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness and patience - forgive each other and put up with each other - Above all clothe yourselves with love which brings harmony and togetherness - let the peace of Christ rule in your heart- be thankful - teach and admonish each other- with all your heart sing praises to God
Psalm 14 - God is with the company of the righteous
Prayer - Lord you warn me to watch out - I will watch out for the false leadings of sin - I will serve you in your will - Help me this day not to go astray - to feed on my selfish desires - for you give much to be thankful for - you give a world created in beauty - guide me in keeping your beauty before me in this world - before the people whose lives I touch today - guide me in showing them your presence in this world - in the simple - in the majestic- in the miraculous and in your Spirit - for you saved me with your Son - that awesome gift of life - you bless me beyond understanding - you protect me - you rescue me - you guide me - you love me - I will love you always - I will give my life to you - use me this day. --- Amen

No comments: