Wednesday, March 18, 2009

March 13th-18th - Let's Play!

Theme
Blessings

Readings
Number 19:1-28:15-...but now you have done nothing but bless them.
Luke 1:1-3:22-Surely, from now on all generations shall call me blessed.
Psalm 56:1-61:8-For your steadfast love is as high as the heavens...
Proverbs 11:8-17-By the blessing of the upright a city is exalted...

God's Word
I have blessed you! I have richly blessed you!

Story
They got into my car that night. One sat next to me in the back. I looked at her and knew that she was one of the people that had taken care of me before. Then I heard a voice from the front of the car. I stretched around to see whose voice this was but couldn't see him. I knew this voice too. We drove into the night until we got to my place. I finally got to see that old guy driving the car. He was the one I used to sit with. He would give me food and bottles and play with me. He would kiss me and make funny noises. I know he loved me a whole lot.

For the next few days I slept in the same room in my pack and play with these two special old people. Word has it that they are Grandma and Gramps. I guess I'll take their word for it. Grandma would spoil me with food and kisses. Gramps would spoil me too. He played games and did a bunch of work around the apartment for Mommy. Mommy took us to see where Daddy worked to train in the Army. He does some important stuff that I don't understand now. But Mommy and Daddy take care of me and I have fun with them. We all went out together and ate lunch. Then Daddy had to go back to the Army for the rest of the day.

We went shopping for a new car seat for me. I got toys and more food. We also went to this restaurant where this man started a big fire in front of us and juggled his forks and knives. I don't know what that was all about. Anyway, I was too busy flirting with a little boy across the grill from me and making faces and getting fed by Grandma.

The next day we ran around shopping. We finally got my car seat. I stayed the evening with Grandma and Gramps while Mommy and Daddy went out on a date. I was excited when Gramps ordered some pizza. When it came we sat and ate together with Grandma. Mmmmmm! Then we stayed up late.

On Sunday we went on a drive to a place in Oklahoma City, wherever that place is, and we saw a museum about some really sad stuff that happened years before I was born. I wish people could love one another like my Gramps and Grandma and Mommy and Daddy love me. If they loved each other like that we wouldn't have to be sad about so many things.

Monday morning, I got up and laughed and played with Gramps. Mommy and Grandma went out together and Mommy got her toenails fixed up all fancy like. We all went out together to a grocery store and bought a whole bunch of food for Mommy and Daddy and me. This was fun. I could watch people and act like some of them when I saw them talking on the phone. Only thing is, they didn't know what I was saying. I think Gramps knows what I'm saying though, at least he talks back to me in the same language.

We picked up Daddy from the Army and went home. Grandma and Gramps took me a walk and we swung and slid down a slide. These guys sure like to take a bunch of pictures of me for some reason. But I just make noises at them and it makes them real happy.

Tuesday morning came and Gramps got up, and we played some more. Then some Maintenance guys came over to talk to Gramps about fixing some stuff. It made Mommy and Grandma and especially Gramps happy. Mommy had Gramps move some stuff around for her so I had more room to play and Grandma ran this real noisy, scary thing that I think was picking up the crumbs and stuff off the rug that I like to pick up and eat. I hate that thing! Then it started to get a little sad.

Gramps and Grandma packed up all the stuff they had brought with them and we drove back to Oklahoma City. Grandma cried and Gramps got all kind of goofy or something. We kissed and hugged alot and then Grandma and Gramps went into this line and disappeared. Then next time I heard from them was from this phone thing that Mommy has. I can only hear things and make noises back, but I knew Grandma and Gramps were all safe.

Gramps likes to read this real thick book all the time. I hear him talking about blessings and stuff. He says that there is a person that loves all of us. This person showers us with blessings. Many times we don't stop and remember the blessings. So I thought it would be a good idea to try to remember each moment as a blessing. Each hug, each kiss, each time we smile and laugh, each time we show acts of love to one another is a blessing. As I think back on this past few days there are so many blessings. I know that I am a blessing. I know that I'm special. Almost a year ago there was this guy who told me that I was a Child of God. He put some water on me and something wonderful happened to me. I was now part of this great big family that showers blessings on each other in the same love that comes from Jesus. So as I live my life, I think I'll keep bringing blessing to others. I think, I'll show others how blessed they are. I want people to look at me and know that I'm wonderfully made and a gift and blessing from God. I love to play with Gramps and I love the attention that Grandma gives me. I'm thankful for a Mommy and Daddy that take care of me. I'm richly blessed. And so are they! So, let's be happy and respond to all those blessings by showing that special love and selfless care we can all have for each other. Just for that, I'll make some more noises and grins and show my two top teeth and make people laugh!

Your Blessing,
Kaiya





































No comments: