Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March 24th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Warmth

Readings of the Day
Deuteronomy 2:1-3:29-Let me cross over to see the good land beyond the Jordan...
Luke 6:12-38-Do to others as you would have them do to you.
Psalm 67:1-7-The earth has yielded its increase; God our God, has blessed us.
Proverbs 11:27-Whoever diligently seeks good seeks favor...
Numbers 20:1-13-Thus you shall bring water of of the rock for them...

God's Word of the Day
The water and the Word brings life.

Story of the Day
Water...ever flowing water...water spreads and fills the space it is given...water wild and dangerous...water that gives life to plant and animal...water. There I was that day, all pent up. I couldn't get out if I wanted to. Then a man came up to me. Once again, he strikes the rock I am entombed within, and suddenly the rock and I become one. Instead of the rock in me; I am one with the rock. And I begin to freely flow, through the rock. It was reversed. It was as if now my mass was more substantial than the rocks and I could flow right through the rock. In this miracle, I strengthened and sustained God's people. There was the water, some wood of a staff, and a rock and God's Word. Then a spring of life. Water...wood...Word...rock...Life. I was entombed that day, but God brought me to life and released me from that tomb of rock with his Word and some wood. Sounds a little familiar doesn't it? Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I give You thanks for the Savior. I give You thanks for water, wood, stone, and for Your Word made flesh. I give You thanks for the warmth of the Son. I give You thanks... ---Amen

No comments: