Monday, March 30, 2009

March 28th - 30th - Let's Play!

Theme
Compassion

Readings
Deuteronomy 9:1-15:23-Know then today that the LORD your God is the one who crosses over before you as a devouring fire; he will defeat them and subdue them before you, so that you may dispossess and destroy them quickly, as the LORD has promised you.
Luke 8:4-9:6-"Master, Master, we are perishing!" And he woke up and rebuked the wind and the raging waves; they ceased, and there was calm.
Psalm 69:19-Psalm 71:24-But I will hope continually, and will praise you yet more and more.
Proverbs 12:2-7-...the house of the righteous will stand.

God's Word
I know how it is. I came and cross over before you. I will be with you always.

Story
As we took the winding trail that day, we came upon a rather large stream to cross. Many of the rocks that normally would be exposed were just below the surface of the water. But the Guide who was with me had walked this stream before. He knew the dangers ahead and he knew the dangers to attack and be bold with, and the dangers to avoid. So he asked me to take his hand and trust in him. Trust in his knowledge, love, skill and compassion to keep me safe as we crossed this raging stream together. So I reached out for his hand in faith and trust. There were a few slips and falls along the way. I did get bruised and a cut. But by having faith and trust in my Guide, we made it across the stream. We made it across and on to the trail that lay ahead. The trail that would take us to more adventure, more wonderful sights, more opportunities to likewise extend our hand in compassion to a friend or two along this path and lead the way. The Guide taught me faith and gave me faith and trust to pass on.

Prayer
Lord, as I walk this path of life, teach me to reach out for Your hand or the hand of one You give to me this day. May I reach out in trust and faith, knowing that You are always with me. Likewise, guide me to reach my hand out to another when needed to lead and guide in Your way...today, tomorrow and forever. ---Amen

No comments: