Saturday, March 07, 2009

March 7th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Warmth

Readings of the Day
Numbers 8:1-9:23-Now this was how the lamp stand was made, out of hammered work of gold.
Mark 13:14-37-For in those days there will be suffering, such as has not been from the beginning of the creation that God created until now, no, and never will be.
Psalm 50:1-23-Call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.
Proverbs 10:29-30-The way of the LORD is a stronghold for the upright, but destruction for evildoers.
Mark 8:27-30-Who do people say that I am?

God's Word of the Day
You will suffer and feel pain, but know that I am your light. Call on me in pain and suffering for I am your God.

Story of the Day
Some of them pulled us out of the earth by digging. Some of them caught us from the streams as we tumbled along. In many ways they brought us together. Then they mixed us together and heated us, till we melted into one. Heated us in the heat of the fire and skimmed what was bad away. While still hot, I was poured into a rough mold and let to cool.

Then they took me out of the mold and began to hammer. The hammer was a fearful tool. It hurt as I was bent and shaped. I thought the heat of the fire was bad, but this hammering seemed to never end.

Then I was polished and buffed. I was stroked and cleaned. This wasn't so bad anymore. As I looked at myself after all this pain and suffering, I could see the reflection of the sweat of a loving creator in myself.

My creator had spent hours taking care of me, gathering me together, heating me and sweating over the fire, then the hammering and molding and finally the polish and care. I saw the reflection of a loving creator willing to go through all the pain I went through in order that I may become beautiful.

Then I was gifted with holding the light. A light that would shine in the darkness. My creator gave me the candle of his light. But most of all, when I looked into the reflection coming from myself, I saw the smile of my creator. He was finally pleased with what he had made.

My creator stayed with me all along the way. He went with me through all the rough and tumble times of my life and he loved me always. And I couldn't help myself but to look up with a wondrous smile of love for my creator and a love for the light that he gave for me to brightly shine into his kingdom day after day.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I give You thanks that You graciously spend so much time with me. May the heat remove the dross and the hammer shape me into what You would have me be. You make me smile. You make me feel the fullness of Your compassion and love, for You know how I feel. I feel good to be Yours. May I proudly give off Your Light of love and compassion to all you give to me this day. I give off Light to Your glory. ---Amen

No comments: