Wednesday, March 04, 2009

March 4th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Care

Readings of the Day
Numbers 2:1-3:51-I hereby accept the Levites from among the Israelites as substitutes for all the firstborn that open the womb among the Israelites.
Mark 11:27-12:17-Give to the emperor the things that are the emperor's, and to God the things that are God's.
Psalm 47:1-9-He chose our heritage for us, the pride of Jacob whom he loves.
Proverbs 10:24-25-...but the righteous are established forever.
Psalm 77-I will call to mind the deeds of the LORD...

God's Word of the Day
I have chosen you, redeemed you, care for you, called you, and given you all I have. I love you.

Story of the Day
Abraham saw the man come to the door. This was his master's house. The man entered the house. Abe just wasn't sure about this whole thing. Did his master welcome this person or not? The man seemed to know what purpose he had in mind. The man seemed confident and knowing of this place that Abe had been protecting for his master. This man seemed to know too much about his master's palace. The man marched directly to a door that the master rarely if never opens. What is behind that door? So Abe sprung into action. It was time to take action. No one knows what secrets are behind that door. Abe growled and leaped, all portly fifty pounds of Abe sprung into action. His master scolded his behaviour. But Abe just knew how nice his master was and it was up to him to protect his nice master from this new predator who had come into her palace. So Abe protected her, even as his master held him back. Abe knew that his actions were needed to protect the safety and honor of his master.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, there are times when I'm suspicious of others. Let Your Spirit guide me in the times that I need to spring into action, and guide me in the times that I need to stop and listen and understand. As I hear Your call each day to follow You; I give You thanks for that joy of allegiance that I get by being Your servant and soldier in Your Kingdom. When I call to mind the things that You have done, I feel a Spirit of loyalty and honor, of which I gladly give my life to in defense of Your Holy Name. Your love and compassion have shown me how to be passionate about Your will and Your way and how to respond likewise to those You give to me day by day. Be with me this day when I'm called to spring into action to protect the safety and honor of another. ---Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would be all portly 54 pounds... And are you from Canada or something? Behaviour? That's like colour and flavour. :-) And you make it sound as though I never open the door for anyone! Those were weird readings.