Monday, March 09, 2009

March 9th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Winds of compassion

Readings of the Day
Numbers 11:24-13:33-Let us go up at once and occupy it, for we are well able to overcome it.
Mark 14:22-52-Are you still sleeping and taking your rest? Enough!
Psalm 52:1-9-Indeed, I was born guilty, a sinner when my mother conceived me.
Proverbs 11:1-3-The integrity of the upright guides them...
Genesis 21:1-7-Now Sarah said, "God has brought laughter for me; everyone who hears will laugh with me.

God's Word of the Day
Sinner! Wake up! I have brought the laughter of salvation.

Story of the Day
They just wouldn't listen to a word I had to say. We went there to discover the flavor of the people and the lay of the land. It was great! It was full of blessing. We even brought back the proof. It was so good that the people that lived there were very large, and strong and healthy. Being such richly blessed; how could they help but to be so healthy. What a blessing it would be for us to occupy the land. People! Wake up! Don't be afraid, be full of joy and laughter, for God has richly blessed us with this opportunity to join with these people in a promised land. What more could you want?

But all they could think of was what may or possibly, or could go wrong. They just couldn't think of what may or could go right! They just wouldn't listen to a word I had to say. Pessimism had invaded their thinking and was their to stay. I say trust God. Feel the wind of His compassion and love for leading us to this wonderful place, from slavery, through the desert to this great place. I say trust God and go with Him where He has led us.

They just wouldn't listen to a word I had to say.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, stop me in the journey, to see Your blessings. Stop me to pray with You. Stop me to fall to my knees in Your presence. Help me to notice the present calling and to act. As You glance my way and into my eyes. As You glance into my heart. As You reach so deep into the gut of my being, may I get it! May I get it and take that same loving, compassionate, life-giving action that You take for me and give it all to You and to my neighbor. May they see You in and through me. May I take You to another, that they may begin to fully know You for God, Savior and Redeemer. ---Amen

No comments: