Monday, March 02, 2009

March 2nd - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Life

Readings of the Day
Leviticus 25:47-27:13-And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and you shall be my people.
Mark 10:32-52-Then Jesus said to him, "What do you want me to do for you?" the blind man said to him, "My teacher, let me see again." Jesus said to him, "Go; your faith has made you well." Immediately he regained his sight and followed him on the way.
Psalm 45:1-17-In your majesty ride on victoriously for the cause of truth and to defend the right...
Proverbs 10:22-The blessing of the LORD makes rich, and he adds no sorrow with it.
Job 4:1-21-Can mortals be righteous before God?

God's Word of the Day
I will make you righteous through My Son and He will walk with you and lead you and guide you. Now go in truth and defend what is right.

Story of the Day
The tiny red ant struggled with moving the large piece of stale bread down the sidewalk. I noticed how hard the work was. I noticed how many times the tiny red ant moved around the piece of bread to gain leverage. At times I wanted to reach down and help out. But I didn't know where the ant was taking the bread. Then a large black ant came up and took the bread from the tiny red ant. What a rotten action to take! There was no justice in this at all.

The tiny red ant went chasing after the large black ant and the bread that he had so faithfully struggled with to take home, but size and strength were no match. Then as if a cry went out from the tiny red ant, I saw about ten or more red ants come to the rescue. Together they took back the piece of bread from the large black ant and helped the tiny red ant move the bread back to the pile of sand and into the hole. I thought, finally some justice in this world. Even if it was in the ant world, it was justice.

Prayer of the Day
Unlike the tiny red ant, Lord, I don't deserve to be saved. But You came along and saved me anyway. You came to me, came right up to my front door, and You invite me out to play. You invite me out daily to follow You. You invite me out daily to walk by Your side. Some days I don't even bother to come to the door, because I'm so tuned into myself that I don't see Your plan or even care about the needs of others. Forgive my sin. I turn to You and You are there to lead and guide me, to teach me and call me, to gift me and send me, day after day. May I assist those I see in need and bring Your righteousness to this world. My I point one who is lost to see Your Light in their presence. Open my blind eyes to see You as I open the blind eyes of another to see You...today...tomorrow...and forever. --- Amen

No comments: