Monday, March 23, 2009

March 23rd - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
New life

Readings of the Day
Numbers 36:1-Deuteronomy 1:46-You have stayed long enough at this mountain.
Luke 5:29-6:11-And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; otherwise the new wine will burst the skins and will be spilled, and the skins will be destroyed.
Psalm 66:1-20-Make a joyful noise to God, all the earth; sing the glory of his name; give to him glorious praise.
Proverbs 11:24-26-Anxiety weighs down the human heart, but a good word cheers it up.
Exodus 15:22-27-He cried out to the LORD; and the LORD showed him a piece of wood; he threw it into the water, and the water became sweet.

God's Word of the Day
The wood will make the water sweet.

Story of the Day
I was right there the whole time. These people were a bunch of cry babies. All they did was complain about their lives. How bad they had it. How it was better before in slavery. What were they thinking?! What a bunch of babies! Then they began to complain about the water. I was right there the whole time.

Then this guy came over to me. He picked me up and threw me into the water. And because of a Word from God and because of me and some water, the water became sweet and the people lived off of the water, the wood, and the Word.

I was right there the whole time. These people were a bunch of cry babies. All they did was complain about their lives. How bad they had it. How it was better before this guy came along. What were they thinking?! What a bunch of babies! I was right there the whole time.

Then this guy came over to me. He tied me to a cross beam and nailed a man, no a God to me. He nailed the Word made flesh to me and hoisted both of us into the air. All these people did was complain about how bad they had it and how this Word made flesh didn't come to their rescue. So God, took me, some wood, along with some blood and the sweat of water and made it all right. God made it all right, here before their eyes. Because of a Word from God. And in spite of me and because of some sweat and some blood; the people were given life. Given new life, right before their eyes. I was there the whole time!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, you have made it all so sweet. Your Word made flesh came into this world to save us from sin, death and the devil. As we look to You and follow Your Light; may that Light shine brightly in our lives that all may turn and see You. ---Amen

No comments: