Friday, March 27, 2009

March 26th and 27th - Let's Play!

Theme
Laughter

Readings
Deuteronomy 5:1-8:20-You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.
Luke 7:11-8:3-Therefore, I tell you, her sins, which were many, have been forgiven; hence she has shown great love. But the one to whom little is forgiven, loves little.
Psalm 68:19-69:18-O God, you know my folly; the wrongs I have done are not hidden from you.
Proverbs 11:29-12:1-Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge...

God's Word
Discipline, confession and forgiveness will bring eternal joy and laughter.

Story
The tadpole was racing back and forth in a panic in the water. A constant and frantic bundle of energy and motion. He looked as if he was wanting to get somewhere and be something all from his own efforts. The frog just looked on and laughed. The frog knew of a change that would take place all outside of any of the efforts of the tadpole.

The fuzzy caterpillar just lay there all enveloped in self pity. He knew how ugly and useless he was. He just hung there and waited to die. He knew that he was lazy and worthless. The butterfly just looked on and laughed. The butterfly knew of a change that would take place all outside of any of the efforts of the caterpillar.

The woman came to Jesus, humbled and seeking to glorify the Messiah. She knew that her sins were many. She looked as if she were a servant. Jesus just looked on and laughed. Jesus knew of a change that would take place all outside of any of the efforts of the woman.

Prayer,
Jesus, I come to You in my sin. I come and humbly plead for Your forgiveness. Look on, dear Lord, and forgive me. May I see that smile and hear Your laugh, I pray. ---Amen

No comments: