Sunday, March 08, 2009

March 8th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Fresh air

Readings of the Day
Numbers 10:1-11:23-The LORD spoke to Moses, saying: Make two silver trumpets ; you shall make them of hammered work; and you shall use them for summoning the congregation, and for breaking camp. When both are blown, the whole congregation shall assemble before you at the entrance of the tent of meeting.
Mark 14:1-21-He will show you a large room upstairs, furnished and ready. Make preparations for us there.
Psalm 51:1-19-O Lord, open my lips and my mouth will declare your praise.
Proverbs 10:31-32-The mouth of the righteous brings forth wisdom...
Mark 8:31-38-For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake, and for the sake of the gospel, will save it.

God's Word of the Day
Feel My Spirit blowing through you to announce my love and grace to all the world.

Story of the Day
I was made out of hammered silver. It took a while to be made and the process was a rough journey. But here I was, ready for action. I really didn't know my purpose in life. All I knew was that the journey through my making was a long hard road. I knew that my creator had spent so much time polishing me until I sparkled. I could see the reflection of my creator in myself.

Then it happened. I was picked up and raised to the lips of another servant of the creator. He took a deep breath and the most amazing thing took place. A wind or a spirit or a movement of grace moved through me. The feeling was beyond belief. This wind or spirit created a deep passion in me. My only response was the shout the loudest shout I had ever heard. I trumpeted an announcement that rang throughout the land to all the tribes that were present that day. I now knew my purpose. I now knew the real presence of the spirit of my creator flowing in and through me.

And the congregation assembled to meet the Creator a the entrance of the tent of meeting.

Prayer of the Day
Lord; I know You have poured so much work into me. I give You thanks for Your time, love and care. Blow Your Spirit through me this day and permit me to shout songs of joy and praise and honor to You. Let all who hear, respond in joy and gather in the congregation to worship and praise, You, our Creator, Savior, Redeemer and Friend. ---Amen

No comments: