Thursday, March 19, 2009

March 19th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Rejoice

Readings of the Day
Numbers 28:16-29:40-So Moses told the Israelites everything just as the LORD had commanded.
Luke 3:23-38-Jesus was about thirty years old when he began his work. He was the son (as was thought) of Joseph son of....Adam, son of God.
Psalm 62:1-12-He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall never be shaken.
Proverbs 11:18-19-Whoever is steadfast in righteousness will live...
Ephesians 1:3-6-He destines us for adoption as his children through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace that he freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.

God's Word of the Day
You are My child. I have adopted you and graced you with My Love.

Story of the Day
The storm was a rough storm. It was like they say. I was huddled in the basement and then heard that awful sound of a freight train coming. The next thing I knew, my house was gone. Thank God we were all safe, but the house was gone. The next few months, life was rough. It took time for the insurance companies to act. I was like an orphan looking for adoption. No relatives within thousands of miles, I went to the local shelter set up at a church near-by. They took me in and adopted me as their own. I was fed and given a place to sleep, a phone to use and much needed love and care. I was given grace and love that I didn't deserve. I could now see the hand of God in all of this. In the storm was chaos, but out of the chaos was the hand of God. I was adopted as His child and cared for. Sooner than I thought, I came through the chaos to a new home and a new life in His care and love. Now, I was healed and loved and ready to begin a new life and a new ministry with all the gifts and love of God.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I give You thanks that You hover over the chaos and bring new life. You bring life out of death. You bring forgiveness out of sin. You bring and give a Son to walk with us daily, even through the storms. Lord, I give You thanks. ---Amen

No comments: