Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ocotber 30th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Hold on

Readings of the Day
1 Timothy 1-I am grateful to Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because he judged me faithful and appointed me to his service even though I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and a man of violence.
Isaiah 31-33-O LORD, be gracious to us; we wait for you. Be our arm every morning, our salvation in the time of trouble.
Psalm 119.33-64-The earth, O LORD, is full of your steadfast love; teach me your statutes.
Romans 2.17-29-...and real circumcision is a matter of the heart--it is spiritual and not literal.

God's Word of the Day
You live with sin. Hold on for I come to you each morning and I AM your salvation in time of trouble.

Story of the Day
It was time to take the leap. We were in the airplane thousands of feet in the air and it was time to jump. But I froze! All I could do was hang on. Hang on; as I stood by the open door. But it was tine to take the leap. My instructor encouraged me to go on. The perfect time was beginning to pass. It was time to take the leap. That's when my instructor nudged me. I knew it was time to go now. It was time to make my decision. So I took the leap. As soon as I jumped, my fear fled. My mind went into motion recalling all the instruction I had received. I focused my purpose on the steps I needed to take at hand. The process of instruction went into motion and became real. I enjoyed what I was doing now. The fear of the leap had passed. Then there was the time to enjoy the ride. I had taken the leap. I looked forward to the landing. The parachute opened. I went through the preparation for the landing. I landed and felt a rush of satisfaction come over me. It had been time to take the leap and I did take the leap. My instructor's teaching was good and right!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, when it's time for me to take the leap; I know that Your instruction and training will be sufficient. When it's time; give me a nudge. And when I'm falling may Your plan be set in motion. May I follow Your lead and learn from You. Even though I am a sinner; You have chosen me. You have gifted me. You have an awesome plan in store for me. May I carry out Your plan. May I live my life for and in You, now and forever. ---Amen

No comments: