Wednesday, October 22, 2008

October 22nd - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Refill

Readings of the Day
1 Thessalonians 1-For we know, brothers and sisters beloved by God, that he has chosen you, because our message of the gospel came to you not in word only, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction...
Isaiah 11-13-A shoot shall come out from the stump of Jesse, and a branch shall grow out of his roots. The spirit of the LORD shall rest on him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD. His delight shall be in the fear of the LORD.
Psalm 112-Praise the LORD! Happy are those who fear the LORD, who greatly delight in his commandments.
Matthew 17.22-27-However, so that we don't give offense to them, go to the sea and cast a hook; take the first fish that comes up; and when you open its mouth, you will find a coin; take that and give it to them for you and me.

God's Word of the Day
I have filled you with My Word; now go and act in My Love.

Story of the Day
I don't know what it was that came over me that day. As I was swimming along, suddenly I felt my gut weighted down. It was difficult to swim. All I wanted to do was get out of this water. That was a strange feeling in itself. It was this water that sustained my life. I lived off of this water. I breathed off of this water. In this water I fed myself life giving food. But for some reason I felt weighted down to my very core and I wanted out of this water. Then I saw a hook come my way. It was an opportunity I know! I had seen others before me leave this place by taking the hook. It was my way out of this water. So I took it. I was pulled out and a man placed his hand down my throat and removed what had weighted me down. It was a shiny coin of some sort. How did that get there? I don't know? Then he threw me back in the water. I felt so much better. I rejoiced in the life giving water that I now lived joyously in. I knew that I had been of service by a higher power and had been used by my Creator. What a joy to be chosen. What a delight to go where I had never gone before and to be used by God! Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, choose me this day and call me to fit into Your plan. I go willingly and joyfully with You this day into Your Kingdom, glad to be by Your side and used as You will. You refill me day after day with Your Word and Spirit. You feed me life giving nourishment from the Branch of Life and I go with You in delight. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: