Monday, October 06, 2008

October 6th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Check it out

Readings of the Day
Revelation 6-...I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slaughtered for the word of God...
Nehemiah 8.13-9.37-Moreover, you led them by day with a pillar of cloud, and by night with a pillar of fire, to give them light on the way in which they should go.
Psalm 101-I will sing of loyalty and of justice; to you, O LORD, I will sing.
Ezekiel 19.10-14-Now it is transplanted into the wilderness, into a dry and thirsty land.

God's Word of the Day
Sometimes the way leads through the wilderness. Sometimes the way is not easy. But I will always be with you to care for you.

Story of the Day
The radio crackled. I could barely make out a voice coming through. It was a cry for help. So I tried to radio back. They could hear my signal. I had a very hard time understanding the weak signal coming back. So it became a question and answer game. I would attempt to repeat what I thought I heard. Then I would listen for correction or confirmation. The person was stranded in the wilderness. Stranded and in need of help. Stranded and hungry and thirsty and tired. But I finally made out their location and radioed the location to the local authorities to attempt a rescue. All I did was communicate. All I did was relay a weak signal. The rescue was by someone else. All I did was pass words back and forth. All I did was use the Word.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I know there are times we are stranded in the wilderness. Send Your Word made flesh to comfort, feed, teach, guide and rescue us in our wildernesses of life. Use each one of us as You wish to help one another and to show Your love and compassion. Use us to pass Your Word along. ---Amen







No comments: