Tuesday, October 14, 2008

October 14th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Recovery

Readings of the Day
Revelation 14-Then I looked, and there was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion!
Esther 5.1-6.13-If it pleases the king, let the king and Haman come today to a banquet that I have prepared for the king.
Psalm 106.24-48-Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. And let all the people say, "Amen." Praise the LORD!
Amos 9.5-15-I will restore the fortunes of my people Israel, and they shall rebuild the ruined cities and inhabit them; they shall plant vineyards and drink their wine, and they shall make gardens and eat their fruit.

God's Word of the Day
Look to My Son and you will recover.

Story of the Day
It was an old house that we went through. It was old and used and falling apart. But we bought it anyway. Then we began to clean it up. We pitched all of the garbage in the house. Tore down the tired walls and began the restoration. We put in new walls and made new living spaces where there were none. New furnace and air conditioning. We put in new kitchen cabinets and a new sink. New floors and carpet. New bathrooms. We went through that whole house and made what was old and used new again. As we moved into the house, it was like a new house. Lives would be shaped in this house. Memories would be made. The house would become a home. And I'm sure at some point this house would become old and used once again. But for now, we had a new life to live in an old house made new.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, take me as I am and rebuild me. Make me new in You. Pitch what needs to be pitched and replace what needs to be replaced. Create me into Your desire. ---Amen

No comments: