Thursday, October 23, 2008

October 23rd - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Obey

Readings of the Day
1 Thessalonians 2.1-16-So deeply do we care for you that we are determined to share with you not only the gospel of God but also our own selves, because you have become very dear to us.
Isaiah 14-16-When the oppressor is no more, and destruction has ceased, and marauders have vanished from the land, then a throne shall be established in steadfast love in the tent of David, and on it shall sit in faithfulness a ruler who seeks justice and is swift to do what is right.
Psalm 113-From the rising of the sun to its setting the name of the LORD is to be praised.
Titus 1.5-16-I left you behind in Crete for this reason, so that you should put in order what remained to be done...

God's Word of the Day
Obey Me and My commandments and act in love.

Story of the Day
He was a loyal dog. I would come home from work and he would always be waiting. He would seek recognition from me. He would greet me with enthusiasm each time I arrived home. Then he would sit up and beg for a treat from me. He would come to me when I was sick and comfort me. He would seek to entertain me with play when I was down. This loyal friend of mine was deep caring and faithful in love. At times, I almost felt his praise for being his master. He gave so much to me. It seemed that his one goal in life was to please me and to bring order to my life. At times it all seemed so backwards. I was his master but his loyalty made me appreciate him and be loyal to him.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I anxiously await Your presence day after day. I look so forward to greeting You each morning. You are my King! You are my Savior! You are my God! Hear my song of praise, each and every morning. See my acts of faithfulness all through the day. From You have come faithful love and caring. This love and caring causes my heart to leap and dance for joy. I respond in this same love in praise to You and in fervent love for others. Bring order out of chaos to my life and permit me to serve You and those You graciously give to me this day. ---Amen

No comments: