Sunday, October 05, 2008

October 5th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Rejoice

Readings of the Day
Revelation 5-Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, singing, "To the one seated on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!"
Nehemiah 7.4-8.12-And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people, for he was standing above all the people; and when he opened it, all the people stood up.
Psalm 100-Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth.
Matthew 21.33-46-Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people that produces the fruits of the kingdom.

God's Word of the Day
Rejoice in My Word made flesh and produce fruit.

Story of the Day
As I opened the book, I noticed some notes in the first few pages. They were left by the previous owner of the book. They left a hint of what the other person was thinking as they read the very pages I was about to read. All through the book I saw notes from this person. The notes gave me insight into the words I was reading. The notes gave me some history into the person whose eyes had read these very same words. I could see the impact this book had on the other person and the impact this very same book was having on me. Words touching lives. Words leading people. Words teaching. Words informing --- Words becoming life.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, may Your Word made flesh, teach, inform, lead and me to walk closer with You. Your Word has made a profound impact on my life and I give You thanks. Cause Your Word to produce the fruit in me that may bring You the pleasure and glory. ---Amen

No comments: