Thursday, October 16, 2008

October 16th - Let's Play

Theme of the Day
Work

Readings of the Day
Revelation 16-The seventh angel poured his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple, from the throne, saying, "It is done!"
Esther 9-10-So the Jews struck down all their enemies with the sword, slaughtering, and destroying them...
Psalm 107.23-43-Let them thank the LORD for his steadfast love, for his wonderful works to humankind.
3 John 9-12-Beloved, do not imitate what is evil but imitate what is good.

God's Word of the Day
See My Son and imitate Him.

Story of the Day
We were walking at a fast pace. I could see the dust puff up from His sandals as He walked in front of me. I was doing all I could just to keep up. Sweat began to drip from my forehead. My shirt began to wick perspiration from my body. A constant puff, puff, puff of the dust would raise into the air as He walked along the road. We were heading somewhere. We were on a mission to a place I did not know. Then He dropped back by my side. I felt as if a Friend had joined me in the walk. I felt a Friend by my side in this unknown mission and work we were about the perform. He reassured me to just go with the flow. He gave me hope and told me that whatever was required, I would be able to do. He told me that I would have the skills necessary for the job. The pace was quick but now I knew that the job would be a good one. The job would be challenging yet rewarding. As He walked by my side, I felt good about all of this. As He walked by my side, I felt that He was living life with and in me. As we walked together down that road, the dirt of the road puffed up from our feet. We were on a mission and I was part of the mission. My Friend and I, together as one.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, as we walk this road of life together. May the dust billow from our feet in swift travel towards fulfillment of the mission You have blessed me with. Make me a part of Your story. Make me a part of the daily work. Make me a part of Your plan and walk with me this day. ---Amen

No comments: