Sunday, October 19, 2008

October 19th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Family

Readings of the Day
Revelation 19-He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is called The Word of God.
Isaiah 5-6-Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I; send me!"
Psalm 109.20-31-For he stands at the right hand of the needy, to save them from those who would condemn them to death.
Matthew 22.15-22-Tell us, then, what you think.

God's Word of the Day
I'll show you what I think. Look to My Son and see His life. I'll show you what I think.

Story of the Day
There were two boys on the playground that day that stood out from the rest. The bigger boy was the leader of many of the other children. The smaller boy just didn't seem to fit the mold that the bigger boy thought his following should fit. So the group decided that the smaller boy must go. The smaller boy didn't fit in. The smaller boy just wasn't up to the standards of the rest. He was different. He acted differently. The smaller boy had some family in the group. Certain members of the family were afraid to stand up for their sibling. A couple of the family members were proud to stand up. So some of them sided with the bigger boy and others left the group with the smaller boy. They left with the smaller boy knowing that the group does not form around a bigger boy. The group must exist for something greater. Some of the family were proud to stand with the smaller boy. Proud to exist for something greater.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, you alone are my "something greater." In You alone do I exist. Teach me to stand up and be by the side of the weak, poor, sick and down-trodden. For we are all weak. All we have comes from You. You suffered and died for the weak, poor, sick and down-trodden. Let all people see that we are at once in this group but also in the group of those so dearly loved that You would give Your life for us. You stood up for me! Let us band together as family in Your Name and in Your honor. When I need to take a stand, give me the courage to leave it all behind for Your honor and glory. Let me give to You what is Yours; my life and myself. As I stand for You, I ask You to send me. I ask You to call me. Send me to stand by the needy today and forever. For when I stand by the needy, the weak, the poor, the sick, the down-trodden; I stand with You. ---Amen

No comments: