Sunday, October 12, 2008

October 12th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Darkness and Light

Readings of the Day
Revelation 12-And war broke out in heaven..."Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Messiah. for the accuser of our comrades has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God. But they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they did not cling to life even in the face of death. Rejoice then, you heavens and those who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, for the devil has come down to you with great wrath, because he knows his time is short!"
Esther 2-Every day Mordecai would walk around in front of the court of the harem, to learn how Esther was and how she fared.
Psalm 105.26-45-He sent darkness, and made the land dark; they rebelled against his words.
Matthew 22.1-14-Friend, how did you get in here without a wedding robe?

God's Word of the Day
Even in the midst of your darkness, My Light will be with you.

Story of the Day
I was dropped into a pit by my enemies. It was cold and dark and muddy at the bottom of this pit. I was miserable. I couldn't stand the place I was in. I hated those who had dropped me in this pit. I hated those who weren't coming to my rescue even though they may not have even known I was in this pit. I cried out for help but it seemed no one could hear my cries. I hated God for having let this happen to me. The pit was dark and cold and damp as were my spirits. The darker my outlook got the darker this pit got. I was dropped into a pit by my enemies with no hope of escape. Then I saw and small beam of light. My eyes adjusted to the darkness. It seemed as if being in the darkness for some time now allowed me to see light. Just a tiny bit of light seemed to be large beams of light. The light became so obvious in the darkness. As the light became brighter and brighter I could see that the Light was coming to me in the darkness. The Light was leading me out of this pit. The Light came to me and led me to safety and a new life. It was all because of the Light in the darkness that I was saved.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, in this pit of darkness, come to me as Light and lead me to a new path. ---Amen

No comments: