Friday, October 31, 2008

October 31st - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Action

Readings of the Day
1 Timothy 2-First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for everyone...
Isaiah 34-35-Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf unstopped; then the lame shall leap like a deer, and the tongue of the speechless sing for joy.
Psalm 119.65-96-Teach me good judgment and knowledge, for I believe in your commandments.
Romans 3.19-28-For we hold that a person is justified by faith apart from works prescribed by the law.

God's Word of the Day
I take action...you, go and do likewise in faith take action.

Story of the Day
Faster than a speeding bullet...more powerful that a locomotive...look, up in the sky! He flew in that day. Flew in to the rescue. Just like Superman, he flew into my life. I didn't expect it to happen. I didn't even look for him to be around. He was closer than I thought! At the very moment that I had made myself feel the furthest from him; he flew into my life. I had sinned. I had sinned and separated myself from him. But as I came to confront my sin; there he was. I saw the message. He flew into my life. I saw the message. "God is closer than you think." There it was, in bright lights and right before me eyes. He flew in and took action. He came in prayer and intercession. He opened my eyes and taught me. He strengthened my faith and showed me my sin. He made my sin glare in my eyes. Faster than a speeding bullet and more powerful than a locomotive, he flew into my life and took action. Now that I see, even dimly, I fly out. I fly out with him day after day to take action. We fly together wherever He chooses to take action. Take action in my life, and in the lives of others. He flew in that day. Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
Lord I give You thanks for Your Word. By faith I have been saved. Not by works...but by faith in You, my Lord and Savior. Fly into my life this day and redeem me from sin, death and the devil. Save me...only You can save me. Then may we fly out together in action to work Your plan in Your Kingdom, today, tomorrow and forever. ---Amen

No comments: