Monday, October 20, 2008

October 20th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Close calls

Readings of the Day
Revelation 20-When the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison and will come out to deceive...
Isaiah 7-8-For the LORD spoke thus to me while his hand was strong upon me, and warned me not to walk in the way of this people...
Psalm 110-"You are a priest forever according the the order of Melchizedek."
Daniel 3.1-18-But if you do not worship, you shall immediately be thrown into a furnace of blazing fire, and who is the god that will deliver you out of my hands?

God's Word of the Day
Worship only Me. I will deliver you.

Story of the Day
As I flew by, I noticed a heavenly scent in the air. Then I saw the source. There was some spoiled rotten meat in the trash can at the curb. It had attracted several of my friends and family. It had attracted so many that new birth was taking place. This meat had set out in the hot sun until it was perfect! So I decided to join in on the party. We were all having a great time and then it got even better. At once a loud sound approached and some men threw the spoiled meat into a mound of meat that was beyond belief. It was as if someone had gathered together all things spoiled and rotten and placed them in one place. This must be heaven! Then we and the meat were thrown as one into the great pile. Then it happened! A huge blade came down and began to crush the meat and all of us into one small space. So many of my relatives and friends were crushed and smashed into one space that they were united with the spoiled meat and trash and killed. I was able to fly away just in time to witness the horror of it all! It was more than I could take to watch! It was horrendous! The men jumped back in the truck, satisfied with the horror they had accomplished and drove away.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, save us from the time of trial. Let me smell the stench of sin and smell the fragrance of Your saving grace and run to You. For You are God. You are salvation. You are life. You alone will I follow. You I worship. You I praise. And to You is all glory and honor, now and forever. ---Amen

No comments: