Sunday, October 26, 2008

October 26th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Ride along the path


Readings of the Day
1 Thessalonians 5-But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, and put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation.
Isaiah 23-24-The earth lies polluted under its inhabitants; for they have transgressed laws, violated the statutes, broken the everlasting covenant.
Psalm 116-I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the LORD, I will pay my vows to the LORD in the presence of all his people.
Matthew 22.34-46-You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.

God's Word of the Day
See your sin and turn to me sober. I offer you the cup of salvation

Story of the Day
As the wine was being poured out onto the ground, I couldn't help but to think of Christ's blood poured out for me. His suffering and very blood poured out onto all of creation. His blood becoming one now with His creation. Isn't that what just happened to me while I was taking communion? His blood became one with me? How sober this realization made me. God cared so much for me and all the world that He would offer this cup of salvation that contained His own blood. Jesus became that great sacrifice to pay for my sin. How I love God with all my heart, mind and soul. How I lift up this very cup of blood for all the world to see. As the wine was being poured out onto the ground, I couldn't help but to think...

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I turn to You repentant of my sin. The very sin You poured out Your blood for. I turn and seek forgiveness. Lead me this day in Your Kingdom. Lead me and direct my heart, soul and mind to do Your will, today, tomorrow and forever. ---Amen

No comments: