Saturday, October 25, 2008

October 25th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Don't give up

Readings of the Day
1 Thessalonians 4-For the Lord himself, with a cry of command, with the archangel's call and with the sound of God's trumpet, will descend from heaven, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up in the clouds together with them to meet the Lord in the air; and so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.
Isaiah 20-22-What do you mean that you have gone up, all of you, to the housetops, you that are full of shoutings, tumultuous city, exultant town?
Psalm 115-Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and four faithfulness.
Psalm 1-...for the LORD watched over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.

God's Word of the Day
Sure I'm going to come back! It will be glorious! But look closely and you will notice My presence here and now.

Story of the Day
I was one of the slowest animals around. Although I really didn't know how slow I was. It really didn't matter. Whenever I wanted to retreat to myself, all I had to do was draw my head in and draw my legs in and there I would be, pretty safe anyway. I had some protection. God had created me a slow being but a protected being. My defense was in my shell. Other animal's defense was in their speed, their smell, their teeth, their wings and on and on. God gave us so many ways to protect ourselves. It was fascinating to look around and see the gifts that God gave all the creatures to protect themselves with. Some day we wouldn't need all of this protection. Some day we would use these gifts of God for love and caring rather than for protection from one another. But for now we needed to persevere with whatever protection God had provided and use that gift of protection to it's fullest. Use the protection to allow us to continue to show love, one for another. As we showed love and felt God's protection we responded in our unique ways with songs and actions of praise and glory to our wondrous Creator who watches over us day after day. And they say that some day our Creator will return in glory to set it all right. I can't wait! But for now, I'm going to plod along in the Creator's Kingdom, daring to do, daring to go to the dangerous places He sends me to show His Love, knowing that the Creator has provided the protection I need.

Prayer of the Day
Spirit, You are the protection I need. You give me the faith and hope and passion to go forth into Your Kingdom day after day. You lead me through the danger. You protect me from harm. You provide the shell I need to pull in to when the time is right. You also call me to action and give me what I need to go where You call me to go. As I wait for that wondrous day when I will meet the Savior in the clouds; I go forth in praise to You. I go forth knowing and seeing the salvation You have achieved on my behalf. I go today offering all the praise and glory to You! ---Amen

No comments: