Thursday, October 02, 2008

October 2nd - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Accelerate

Readings of the Day
Revelation 2-Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.
Nehemiah 3-And between the upper room of the corner and the Sheep Gate the goldsmiths and the merchants made repairs.
Psalm 97-Light dawns for the righteous, and joy for the upright in heart.
Colossians 2.16-23-If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the universe, why do you live as if you still belonged to the world?

God's Word of the Day
I have given you new life. Live as Christ lived. Accelerate in faithfulness and live.

Story of the Day
There we were lined up at the track. About to start the race. As we came around the turn you could see the flag. We were off. The acceleration pinned me back in my seat. While accelerating you couldn't move about in your seat very easily. Then once I reached my running speed the tension let up. I sat easily in my seat. I was able to move about and steer the car easier. Around the turns it would get rough. When I had to apply the brakes it would get tough to steer once again. The only time is was easy to steer was when I was up to speed and on a straightaway.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, bring my faith up to speed. Teach me to be like You. Take me through the corners and past the times that I need to put on the brakes. Make me more like You each day and keep me on the straight path You have defined for my life. When I need to pull in the pits for repairs, make the repairs that I need and grant me forgiveness of sin. And bring me to the finish line as Your child reformed into Your likeness. ---Amen

No comments: