Saturday, October 11, 2008

October 11th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Honesty

Readings of the Day
Revelation 11-Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple; and there were flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, and earthquake, and heavy hail.
Esther 1-...to bring Queen Vashti before the king, wearing the royal crown, in order to show the peoples and the officials her beauty; for she was fair to behold. But Queen Vashti refused...
Psalm 105.1-25-Remember the wonderful works he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he was uttered...
Psalm 23-He makes me lie down in green pastures...

God's Word of the Day
Be steadfast in honest love for one another.

Story of the Day
This time it hurt more than the other times. As we were playing together, and one of my friends decided to choose someone else to be on their team instead of me. He made this decision on purpose; at least I think he did. And it hurt this time. Because I had always felt it to be a privilege and an honor to play on the same team with him. So this time it hurt more than the other times that this has happened. This time it just appeared to me to be more intentional. Then there was that period of silence between us that followed. I was hurt and didn't want to talk about it. He never asked to talk either, so I figured he didn't want to talk to me. We weren't being honest with one another. We weren't trying to reconcile our differences. Maybe we needed a rest from one another for a while. But at some point the conversation came about. At some point something lead us to reconcile with one another. At some point...but how do you get to that "some point?" Someone has to approach the other or both approach one another. There is an approach of some sort. In the approach, our eyes are opened to the friendship that we were missing. In the approach we see the love. In the approach and the honesty we are reconciled.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, constantly keep me in the approach with You and with those I may have hurt. Keep me in the approach of friendship and love. May I see Your heart of Love at the center of all I do. Open my eyes to see and hear the directions You have called me to take. Grant me rest when I need rest and courage when I need courage and strength when strength is needed. ---Amen

No comments: