Friday, October 03, 2008

October 3rd - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Return

Readings of the Day
Revelation 3-Let anyone who has an ear listen to what the Spirit is saying to the churches.
Nehemiah 4-When our enemies heard that their plot was known to us, and that God had frustrated it, we all returned to the wall, each to his work.
Psalm 98-Let the floods clap their hands; let the hills sing together for joy at the presence of the LORD, for he is coming to judge the earth. He will judge the world with righteousness, and the peoples with equity.
Philippians 2.14-18; 3.1-4a-Finally my brothers and sisters rejoice in the Lord.

God's Word of the Day
Keep working in My Name. I will take care of what needs taken care of. Return to work and don't worry.

Story of the Day
There was so much going on in the world. We saw war and financial problems. There was hunger and natural disasters all around. Criminals were stealing and killing. There was corrupt business and government. The newspapers were filled with problems. But all in all the message seemed to be, get back to work. Concentrate on the work set before me. As I began to work and worry less about what was going on in the world; I began to be absorbed by my work. The issues of the world and the newspaper faded. I started to see what needed to be done in my own workplace. I began to relate to my co-workers. Sure the world was filled with issues and problems. Sure there were some problems at work. But I discovered that it was the relationships with people at work and family at home and church were what really mattered. I was concerned with the world and worked to solve the issues. But it was what was happening within my life with God and family and church and work that really mattered.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, help me to see how my piece of existence fits into the puzzle. Show me how to apply myself to the daily calling You have graciously given me. Then permit me, now and then, to see the big picture and how it all comes together. Permit me to see with Your eyes and hear my praise and adoration. For You alone are all knowing. You are wisdom and understanding. You know the big picture. Hear the hills and mountains rejoice in Your Holy Name, my Lord, my God, my Savior, now and forever. ---Amen

No comments: