Saturday, March 11, 2006

March 10th and 11th People Reflections

Friday 3/10/2006

Matthew 13.1-23-Are you listening to this? Really listening?

Leviticus 17-18-The priest will splash the blood on the Altar of GOD…

Proverbs 28-You can’t whitewash your sins and get by with it- you find mercy by admitting and leaving them.

Genesis 17.1-7, 15-16-your wife’s name will now be Sarah instead of Sarai. I will bless her…

1 Corinthians 9.24-27-So run to win!

Psalm 119.73-80-Make me wise enough to learn what you have commanded.

 

"Can I go to the movie tomorrow night?"-Questions – asking permission- granting permission or denying – Are you listening—really listening?- I hear-but sometimes don’t listen- I don’t listen to the message- I don’t get it- and I fall – fail and sin and need that blood of life splashed on the Altar of God- I need to give my blood to God- the life is in the blood- give my blood freely to God- admit my sin and repent and through forgiveness alone will I be blessed- I will run to win- Lord- Make me wise enough to learn what you have commanded- "Can I go to the movie tomorrow night?"- Listen!

Prayer- Lord – I’m listening -- Amen

 

Saturday 3/11/2006

Matthew 13.24-58-I will bring out into the open things hidden since the world’s first day.

Leviticus 19-I am GOD, your God.

Proverbs 29-humility prepares you for honors.

Romans 4.13-25-Everything depends on having faith in God…

1 Corinthians 11.23-29-This is my body, which is given for you…

Psalm 119.81-88-I long for you to rescue me! You word is my only hope.

 

"We need to go around and individually interview each person."- God interviews me from time to time- asks me the questions- hears my response- and makes me realize that God is my God- God humbles me from time to time and makes me realize that God is God- God shows me just how much I depend on him and shows me how God is God- God gives himself to me through and in the bread and wine – the body and the blood – and shows me how God is God- I need God to rescue me- God is my only hope- because God is God- "We need to go around and individually interview each person."- Here I am Lord- knowing that God is God.

Prayer- Lord you are God! -- Amen

No comments: