Saturday, March 04, 2006

March 4th People Reflection

Saturday 3/4/2006

Matthew 10.1-25-You don’t need a lot of equipment. You are the equipment, and all you need to keep that going is three meals a day.

Leviticus 7-8-…a pleasing fragrance- a gift to GOD…

Proverbs 22-Observe people who are good at their work…

2 Esdras 2.8-9-…remember what I did to Sodom and Gomorrah…

1 Peter 2.18-22-After all, God chose you to suffer as you follow in the footsteps of Christ, who set an example by suffering for you.

Romans 8.1-11-God’s Spirit now lives in you, and he will raise you to life by his Spirit.

Psalm 119.25-32-Let you teachings breathe new life into me.

"Accompaniment"- A word that is harder to say for some people than it is for others. I can stumble on that word – and think and think about it till I can’t even say it anymore. I love to listen to a person that can speak words- not stumble and is eloquent in language- I think sometimes God feels that way about us when we please him- when we sacrifice ourselves to him as we should- I think then maybe when I give my life to God- when I trust in him- when I place all of my hope and faith in him- when I praise and worship God- I give off a pleasing fragrance- just like those sacrifices in the Old Testatment—but…- there are also those times that I STINK! – maybe way too many of those times- my sin and selfish desires STINK!- just like Sodom and Gomorrah stunk before God- and at those times that I STINK- I need to stop and observe- observe how God wants me to act- how God wants me to be- and I can observe other people and see how they act- how they please God and act like them- and when I can’t find anyone – I can always read and look at Jesus- his life and actions- his teachings- and let the Spirit breathe those teachings of Jesus into me and give me new life- I may even need to suffer- but when I see what God has done for me- I can’t help but to continue to follow him- to listen to his calling- to remember. The beauty of it all- is that I really don’t need much to follow God- I am the equipment- just give myself to God and follow and all the words will come out right. "Accompaniment"—A real beautiful word- with the help of God.

Prayer-Lord, give me your Word to speak this day- beautiful and eloquent. -- Amen

No comments: