Friday, March 03, 2006

March 3rd People Reflection

Friday 3/3/2006
Matthew 9.18-38-If you come and touch her, she will live?.Just then a
woman who had hemorrhaged for twelve years slipped in from behind and
lightly touched his robe.
Leviticus 5-6-Break the clay pot in which the meat was cooked.
Proverbs 21-Do your best, prepare for the worst- then trust GOD to
bring victory.
2 Esdras 2.1-7-I brought this people out of bondage?
Genesis 9.8-17-I promise every living creature that the earth and
those living on it will never again be destroyed by a flood.
Romans 5.8-12-But there is more!
Psalm 119.17-24-I keep thinking about your teachings, LORD?

?Can y?all give me some help!?- A cry from a lady from a car wanting
directions to the baseball diamond. Jesus came to give me and y?all
some help to- in a touch Jesus came and healed- in a touch Jesus came
and raised the dead- Jesus the ultimate sacrifice for our sins- In
Leviticus the sacrifice in one instance was cooked in a clay pot- then
the clay pot needed to be broken before the sacrifice was offered-
Makes me think of how Jesus is present in me- that clay pot- and how
through his sacrifice my sin ? my very life is broken as Jesus is
offered to God as my sacrifice for sin- I need to be broken- yet Jesus
is in me and I am in him- through the breaking of my life- my clay pot-
through my response and acts to all God has done for me in my life-
through the preparation for the worst- God brings victory through
Jesus suffering, death and resurrection. And God brings me out of the
bondage of sin to a new life in him. Never to be destroyed again- the
clay pot never needs to b
e broken again- because the sacrifice of Jesus is presented once and
for all ? But there is more! ? Yes there is way more ? now I live my
life free from the threat of sin- and work in God?s Kingdom with all
the redeemed! What a great thing that is! ? What a relief it brings?It
doesn?t mean that I won?t sin- but it does mean that I have a way out-
I must resist the temptations of sin- and that?s really hard to do-
but I can also go on and work for God in the here and now- thinking
about his teachings- following his voice- responding to his call ? day
after day after day ? ?Can y?all give me some help!? ? I can?t wait to
work with y?all in His Kingdom!

Prayer- Lord, be with me and all people as we respond to the wondrous
gifts you have given- I ready along with all y?alls to work in Your
Kingdom this day. ? Amen

No comments: