Thursday, March 09, 2006

March 9th People Reflection

Thursday 3/9/2006

Matthew 12.22-50-Obediance is thicker than blood.

Leviticus 15-16-Then he will set the two goats before GOD at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting and cast lots over the two goats, on lot for GOD and the other lot for Azazel. He will offer the goat on which the lot to GOD falls as an Absolutio-Offering. The goat on which the lot for Azazel falls will be sent out into the wilderness to Azazel to make atonement.

Proverbs 27-Don’t call attention to yourself; let others do that for you.

2 Esdras 2.42-48-So I began to praise those who had stood valiantly for the name of the Lord.

Psalm 22.23-31-Everyone of earth will remember you, LORD.

1 Corinthians 2.6-16-has anyone ever known the thoughts of the Lord or given him advice?

Psalm 119.65-72-Give me wisdom and good sense. I trust your commands.

"Boy! That was a drastic change in attitude."- We went to visit Elano in Xenia to help a manager set up for a Treasure Hunt at his site. At first he was reluctant to see us- but at the end he was very grateful for our help and assistance. In some ways we were being obedient to the process of the Treasure Hunts- and teaching from the lessons we had learned from conducting our own Hunt- A Treasure Hunt is an energy audit- looking for ways to save utilities such as gas, electric and water. It’s a Treasure Hunt not a Witch Hunt- You don’t come in to display faults- you look for opportunities- but at first everyone perceives it’s a fault finding hunt- They cast lots for the goats- the goat that won was sacrificed to God the other goat was sent into the wilderness to the evil spirits- the scapegoat- the scapegoat bears the sins of all the people- the sacrificed goat was the winner- given to God- so when I give my life to God – that’s what he wants- but who is the scapegoat?- I can see how Jesus was sent into the wilderness to bear my sins and the sins of all- to deal with the evil spirits of this world and he also was the goat that was sacrificed- in this way Jesus didn’t call attention to himself- he gave himself for me and you and all people – not calling attention to himself- he didn’t need to call attention to himself- others would do that- look how Jesus has changed the world and been the most profound person of all time- no wonder there are so many people who praise the name of the Lord- everyone on earth remembers Jesus- even if they don’t believe- they know- and in this is all the wisdom I could ever handle- it’s Jesus my scapegoat and life that I honor and praise- Jesus my sacrificial goat given to God- how much more will I give myself in humble service to God- give God my very life in praise and thanksgiving to all he has done. "Boy! That was a drastic change in attitude."- Yea- it’s all about a change that God gives to me. Thanks be to God!

Prayer- Lord, change me this day- change my heart of sin to a heart of joy and thanksgiving for all you have done. I give my heart and my life to you. -- Amen

No comments: