Thursday, March 02, 2006

March 2nd People Reflection

Thursday 3/2/2006
Matthew 9.1-17-This is Kingdom Come!
Leviticus 3-4-In this way the priest makes atonement for him on
account of his sin and he?s forgiven.
Proverbs 20-Drinking from the beautiful chalice of knowledge is better
than adorning oneself with gold and rare gems.
2 Esdras 1.38-40-And now , father, look with pride and see the people
coming from the east?
Psalm 25.1-10-I offer you my heart. LORD God, and I trust you.
Romans 3.21-31-God sent Christ to be our sacrifice.
Psalm 119.9-16-I worship you with all of my heart.

?They are paying a lot to leave that truck set out there.?- A lady in
a screened porch above Sarah?s apartment talking to me about a U-Haul
truck that has been setting in the parking lot. It did seem like a
waste. Seems you would want to turn it in right away. But I don?t know
all the circumstances and really can?t make a judgement. There may be
a good reason. It really is none of my business. Jesus came into this
world to solve the problem of people wasting their lives. Busy trying
to save themselves and always falling short. He came to those people
on the fringes. I?m on the fringe. And I need Jesus to save me. It?s
my only hope. I have let myself do nothing in the parking lot for too
long. Jesus is Kingdom Come?now ? right here and right now- Jesus
comes to me each day- talks to me- leads me and guides me- I can?t
just be wasted in the parking lot doing nothing- I can?t waste my life
in constant grief over sin- Jesus gave his life for my sin so that I
could move from the
parking lot and into his Kingdom of life- and become active in a
spontaneous ? joyous way- allowing me to drink from his chalice of
saving knowledge that through his death comes life and salvation and
love and joy and happiness and suffering for a cause worth suffering
for- I must move from the parking lot and feel the glance of my Father
watching me move ? feel the pride of my Father seeing his child in
action- I must move from the parking lot and offer my heart to God ?
offer all of my trust in his great providence- I must move from the
parking lot and worship God with all of my heart because of Christ my
sacrifice. ? ?They are paying a lot to leave that truck set out
there.?- I think it?s time to move along in the Kingdom.

Prayer-Lord- lead me this day- out of the parking lot and into your
Kingdom- I?m ready to go! -- Amen

No comments: