Thursday, March 16, 2006

March 16th People Reflection

Thursday 3/16/2006

Matthew 16-Haven’t you caught on yet?

Numbers 1-2-The Tent of Meeting with the camp of the Levites takes its place in the middle of the march.

Ecclesiastes 3.1-15-There’s an opportune time to do things, a right time for everything on the earth

2 Esdras 5.1-13-Blood shall drip from wood, and the stone shall utter its voice…

Psalm 19-The LORD’s instruction is right…

Galatians 1.1-12-My message came directly from Jesus Christ when he appeared to me.

Psalm 119.121-128-My eyes are weary from waiting to see you keep your promise to come and save me.

"I can give you a couple of to-go boxes."- Forgot plates for the Lenten Supper- but took a couple of to-go boxes instead. Jesus was concerned that people weren’t catching on to what was really going on. He is the Messiah-come into the world- to save us from our sin. And like the Tent of Meeting-Jesus must be at the center of everything- we are to be in him and he in us- he is our focus and purpose in life- it is through God’s command that we work and live and exist- it is in God’s time that things take place- I can’t force the issue- I can’t make it happen for my own good- but must depend on God’s plan and direction- God sees the big picture- I only see my own selfish viewpoint and must stop forcing things and wait for God’s plan- it will be wonderful- it will be overwhelming- it will be awesome- it will be difficult- it will be painful- blood shall drip from wood- but the very stones will cry out in glory to the awesome power of God in his plan- in his ultimate work of love beyond my own simple understanding- God’s instruction is right- not mine- and I must wait as Paul waited- for the message to come directly from Jesus – when he appears to me- yea- my eyes grow weary in that wait- but wait I must- because I know that God will keep his promise and come to save me! – "I can give you a couple of to-go boxes."- That’s fine- cause I’m waiting and knowing it is all going to be fine.

Prayer-Lord, I wait, I hope, I listen I love, I act, I repent, I wait, I hope, I love, I listen, I act -- Amen

No comments: