Sunday, March 19, 2006

March 19th People Reflection

Sunday 3/19/2006

Matthew 18.18-35-When two of you get together on anything at all on earth and make a prayer of it, my Father in heaven goes into action.

Numbers 7-8-When Moses entered the Tent of Meeting to speak with GOD, he heard the Voice speaking to him from between the two angel-cherubim above the Atonement-Cover on the Chest of the Testimony. He spoke with him.

Ecclesiastes 6-and who can tell any of us the next chapter of our lives?

2 Esdras 5.21-22-After seven days the thoughts of my heart were very grievous to me again. Then my soul recovered the spirit of understanding, and I began once more to speak words in the presence of the Most High.

John 2.13-22-What makes you think you can rebuild it in three days?

Ephesians 1.3-14-Christ sacrificed his life’s blood to set us free, which means that our sins are now forgiven.

Psalm 119.145-152-Please do the right thing and save my life.

"I have a new job."- Talking to friends at the grocery store. A new job. After retirement, but a new job anyway. A new adventure. Something different. Who can tell any of us the next chapter of our lives? I guess the only person would be God. And in God we come together to pray about our present times and our future times. God goes into action. Moses spoke to God and heard his voice from above the Ark of the Covenant. He spoke with him. Prayer seems much the same to me. Conversation, in two ways. Sometimes my heart is heavy with sin. I speak- I plead- I beg for forgiveness- I feel the humility of my sin – then there is some pause—I reflect- I listen- I look- I smell- I use all my senses waiting for God’s answer. Then I hear about Jesus rebuilding a temple in three days- I hear the voice of God telling me about Jesus resurrection from the death of my sin- just for me to save me and redeem me from my sin. Then my soul recovers the spirit of understanding. God sends his Spirit into my heart and once more I begin to speak in the presence of God. It takes some down time and listening. I wonder if that’s what the wilderness is all about sometimes. Maybe when I sin I must go through the wilderness and realize how lost I am. Maybe I need to spend a few days in the tomb and realize that my only escape from the death of my sin is through the saving resurrection of Jesus for my sins. Jesus sacrifice of his life’s blood to set me free- which means my sin is forgiven. The life is in the blood. Just as God told us in the Old Testament. The life is in the blood of the Lamb- the life is in the blood of Jesus. It’s so nice that God did the right thing and saved my life. No matter how rotten it has been. Hey! – "I have a new job."

Prayer- Lord, thank you for forgiving me. I have a new job. -- Amen

No comments: