Monday, March 13, 2006

March 13th People Reflection

Monday 3/13/2006
Matthew 14.22-36-But when he looked down at the waves churning beneath
his feet, he lost his nerve and started to sink. He cried, ?Master,
save me!? Jesus didn?t hesitate. He reached down and grabbed his hand.
Leviticus 22-23-I am GOD who makes them holy.
Proverbs 31-?who lives in the Fear-of GOD.
2 Esdras 3.4-36-?O sovereign Lord, did you not speak at the beginning
when you planted the earth- and that without help- and commanded the
dust and it gave you Adam, a lifeless body? Yet he was the creation of
your hands, and your breathed into him the breath of life, and he was
made alive in your presence.
Genesis 41.46-47-Joseph was thirty when the king made him governor,
and he went everywhere for the king.
1 Corinthians 15.1-11-Christ died for our sins?
Psalm 119.97-104-Your teachings are sweeter than honey.

?Are we going to eat at this stop??- Driving to Hickory with Sarah- we
made it in one stop alone- and we got something to eat at that stop-
Peter had faith- faith enough to step out of the boat- and that he did-
but when he saw the churning of the waves beneath his feet- he was
afraid- in the same way ? I have faith- but when I seen life churning
beneath my feet- I become afraid- but like Peter ? I reach for Jesus
hand that he extends down to me- to pull me out of the waters and to
life- I scream ? ?Master save me!? ? and Jesus doesn?t hesitate- and
this makes me live in the Fear of GOD- I know that I can?t make it on
my own- that I need God to pull me out- to save me from drowning- how
can I not think of baptism- that going under- will I be left under the
water?- no ? God pulls me out and brings me to new life- but first I
must give up my old life- how meaningful immersion can be- at the
beginning of this world- God took some dust and made man- but man
didn?t have life unti
l God breathed into him- so I depend on life from God- and in the way
Jesus and Joseph gave their lives away- I must give my life to God-
Christ died for my sins to give me life- Your teachings are sweeter
than honey- ?Are we going to eat at this stop?? ? Feed me the bread
and wine of life at this stop.

Prayer-Lord- I give my life to you and look forward to what you have
in store for me. -- Amen

No comments: