Friday, March 17, 2006

March 17th People Reflection

Friday 3/17/2006

Matthew 17-His appearance changed from the inside out, right before their eyes.

Numbers 3-4-At GOD’s command through Moses, each man was assigned his work and told what to carry.

Ecclesiastes 3.16-4.16-We all breathe the same air.

2 Esdras 5.14-20-But the angel who had come and talked with me held me and strengthened me and set me on my feet.

Exodus 20.1-17-Be faithful in marriage.

Galatians 2.16-21-It was the Law itself that filled me and freed me from its power, so that I could live for God. I have been nailed to the cross with Christ. I have died, but Christ lives in me. And I now live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave his life for me.

Psalm 119.129-136-Keep your promise and don’t let me stumble or let sin control my life.

"I was trying to trick you."- I wonder if the disciples thought Jesus was doing a trick on that mountain when the transfiguration took place. But this wasn’t a trick. It was real. Jesus changed in appearance from the inside out right before their eyes. I think God changes me from the inside out. From the inside where emotions and feelings run deep. From the inside where my soul and heart exist. And in this change I will display outward changes. Changes in how I treat others. Changes in the things I do. Changes that bring great joy in God’s commands to carry the instruments of worship for God in this world. Changes that are upheld in struggling times by angels that hold and talk to me and set me back on my feet after a fall. Changes that keep me faithful to God and others in my life. Changes that free me from the restraint of the Law. Changes that nail me to the cross to feel the pain of death and sin. Changes that let me realize the depth and awesome power of Christ’s love for me and the real meaning of forgiveness of sins. Changes that through Jesus free me from the control of sin in my life. "I was trying to trick you." – It’s not a trick. It’s a change.

Prayer- Lord, change me. -- Amen

No comments: