Monday, April 02, 2007

April 2nd Daily Word and Visions from God

Matthew 25.31-46-Then the King will say to those on His right, "Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me."
Numbers 32-34-These are the journeys of the sons of Israel...
Job 2-The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?" Then Satan answered the LORD and said, "from roaming about on the earth and walking around on it."
Isaiah 42.1-9- I am the LORD, I have called you in righteousness, I will also hold you by the hand and watch over you, and I will appoint you as a covenant to the people, as a light to the nations, to open blind eyes, to bring out prisoners from the dungeon and those who dwell in darkness from the prison.
--- --- ---
Connect with Me through, others and serve "the least of these." In this we are together.
---
I think God calls us to connect together. This is an early Christian symbol. Used as a symbol of connection with other Christians that were being persecuted. It is drawn in the dirt as a symbol and connection that we are Christians. Jesus connects us with the poor, imprisoned, sick and needy. He is in them. They are our connection with Jesus. Jesus wants us to serve Him. We serve Him by serving them. In our journey in life we serve Jesus this way. In this serving of Jesus I can see the impact of Satan walking about. Satan and His ruination of God's perfect creation. Satan takes-takes-takes. But God gives and loves-gives and loves-gives and loves. This is the difference. Satan is only one place at a time in His taking. God is all places at all times in His giving. And this is the connection of the Christian. In our collective, corporate service to Jesus in "the least of these", God is in us all places at all time. God will hold our hands as we connect and serve Him. God will be our Light and our Guide. God will connect with us in Jesus and bring us and the world out of the darkness. In this we are together. Thanks be to God for His connection through Jesus!
--- --- ---
Lord, let's connect today and I will serve you in "the least of these." ---Amen

No comments: