Sunday, April 01, 2007

April 1st Daily Word and Visions from God

Matthew 25.1-30-Behold the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.
Numbers 30-31-If a man makes a vow to the LORD, or takes an oath to bind himself with a binding obligation, he shall not violate his word; he shall do according to all that proceeds out of his mouth.
Job 1-Then Satan answered the LORD, "Does Job fear God for nothing?"
Luke 22.14-23.56-Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has demanded permission to sift you like wheat; but I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail; and you, when once you have turned again, strengthen your bothers.
--- --- ---
Pray before, during and after the trial of life. You will sin. Lay all your trust and hope and faith in Me.
---
Rocks at the beginning of a dark and shady trail. I have prayed on these rocks before. Prayed for myself and for others on these rocks. I have walked this trail before. A trail that even though shaded shows God's creation and beauty. A trail that could bring harm. A trail that also rewards. A trail that is a mixture of ups and downs. A trail like life.
---
A trail where I have met the bridegroom in the presence of my Savior. I have felt Jesus walking with me on this trail before. I have sensed His presence with me in life. Satan came to God to test Job. He told God that Job was only faithful because God had provided abundant blessings in his life. So God allowed Satan to put Job to the test. And in the test. In the darkness of the trail of life, Job remained faithful and true to God. Sure Job sinned along the way. We all sin. Jesus told Peter that he would be tested by Satan. Jesus made it obvious that Peter would sin in his denial of the Savior. I sin. We all have sinned in the darkness of the trails of our lives. But the question is; after the sin will I realize my sin and turn to God? Will I realize that in my sin, I need God. I will turn to God in my sin and I have turned to God realizing that in my sinfulness I need Him and only Jesus can save me from my sin. And in this my words of obligation to God have been restored. My sin has been erased in Jesus.
---
So when the trail gets dark, when life gets tough, I will find the Rock. I will pray for direction and guidance. I will stop and seek forgiveness and confess my failure. For in this Rock of Jesus my Savior, I lay all of my hope and faith.
--- --- ---
Lord, You are my Rock and I stop and pray, confess, seek, follow, and serve You today. ---Amen

No comments: