Wednesday, April 04, 2007

April 4th Daily Word and Visions from God

Matthew 26.26-46-Are you still sleeping and resting? Behold the hour is at hand...
Get up, let us be going...
Deuteronomy 1-2- You have stayed long enough at this mountain. Turn and set your journey...
Job 4-Can a man be pure before his Maker?
Isaiah 50.4-9a-Behold, the Lord GOD helps Me...
--- --- ---
Get ready to begin the Life I have graciously given.
---
This is one of the puppies my Son's dog Peanut birthed a couple of weeks ago. A puppy on the verge of real life. A puppy on the doorstep of dog life. But still a puppy sleeping and resting. The disciples slept and rested while Jesus pray in the garden. Slept oblivious to the huge happenings before them. The start of a new Life in Jesus for them was about to take place. The hour was at hand. It was time to get up and go. But they, like I, didn't have a clue.
---
The Israelites likewise at the mountain; didn't have a clue what the journey was to be. But it was time to get up and go. It was time to start the journey. I'm mid to late stream in my journey I suppose. Already going. Being led day by day by my Savior who comes to my door each and every morning. Knocking and asking for Billy to come out and play in His Kingdom. Day after day my Savior bids me to get up and go. Bids me to start the journey. Bids me to leave the comfort of my home and go out into His Kingdom serving, and loving those He chooses for me to serve and love. Am I pure before my Savior? No way. But He, all the same, bids me to get up and go. He will use me even in my impurity. Jesus knocks on my door daily and helps me through each day. And at each knock on the door. At each leaving of my house with Him, I can rest assured He will help me each step of the way. Each morning Jesus tells me; "Get ready to begin the Life I have graciously given." Thanks be to God!
--- --- ---
Lord, I'm coming to the door and ready to begin that Life you give today. ---Amen

No comments: