Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Gather together

Readings of the Day
John 14.1-14-In my Father's house are many dwelling places. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, so that where I am, there you may be also.
2 Chronicles 20.1-21.1-On the fourth day they assembled in the Valley of Beracah, for there they blessed the LORD; therefore that place has been called the Valley of Beracah to this day.
Psalm 78.56-72-With upright heart he tended them, and guided them with skillful hand.
1 John 3:11-16-We know love by this, that he laid down his life for us--and we ought to lay down our lives for one another.

God's Word of the Day
I AM your Shepherd and gather you together in My Love. I gave My Life for you. Now go in My Love and do likewise one for another.

Story of the Day
It was as if the sky lit up that night. There was this beam of light coming from the earth that illuminated a heavenly being in the skies. It was hard to tell if the light were streaming from the star in the sky to the earth, or if the light was beaming from some point on the earth and illuminating the star in the sky. Either way it was intriguing enough to cause me to follow this light out to it's earthly source. So I drove my car in the direction of this beam of life. Drove to the earthly connection of the heavens with the earth. I arrived at some farm out in the middle of the corn fields of Illinois. Then I saw where this light was beaming from and to or to and from. The light was coming from a barn. It was a brilliant light. Whiter than any white I could ever imagine. Surely this must be the white light that the disciples saw on that mount with Jesus, Moses and Elijah. So I went into the barn. And there I saw Him. I saw Jesus as a baby and that great Light. That Light of God that awakens the world. I saw that Great Light shining. I also saw that Great Light illuminating the cross. I saw the Light of Love beaming from Jesus on the cross. I saw the Light of Jesus gleaming from some grave clothes by the tomb of the Risen Savior. I saw a Great Light drawing a host of people and angels together as one at the Feast of Gathering at an awesome Communion Table. I saw another world or universe united in this Great Light of a Love Feast. A gathering of people and the host of heaven united in this Light of Love. A Light of Love for God and one another. It was as if the sky lit up that night. And I realized that that night and every night from now to eternity, this Light would always be present in me, this Light would always be with me, this Light would now carry my in His Kingdom from now and into eternity. This Light would warm my heart and feed my soul. His Kingdom had come to me, here and now and eternal Life had now begun in me through Him.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I hear that You have prepared a wonderful Upper Room for me to dwell in. I so look forward to Your dwelling in me. Let me be humble, honest, loving, compassionate and caring. Let me be transparent enough that Your Light of Love shines brightly in and through me. Reflect Your Light off and through me so that the whole world may see Your activity in my life. Make me bold enough to proudly tell of Your story in my life. Unite me with those You give to me this day in Your Love that we may go out into Your Kingdom and declare Your glory to all we meet. Guide our hearts with Your skillful hand and teaching. Stand by in the battle. For You have won the victory. But even in the battle, I know You are there to free me to give my life in Love for another. And when we gather in that Valley of Beracah. When we gather together with all Your blessing; hear our joyful praise for all You have done so graciously for us, to give our lives in Love to you and one another. ---Amen

No comments: