Saturday, September 06, 2008

September 6th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Care for one another

Readings of the Day
John 11.28-57-When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who came with her also weeping, he was greatly disturbed in spirit and deeply moved.
2 Chronicles 12-13-But as for us, the LORD is our God, and we have not abandoned him.
Psalm 76-In Judah God is know, his name is great in Israel.
Psalm 119:33-40-Teach me, O LORD, the way of your statutes, and I will observe it to the end.

God's Word of the Day
Look upon the cross and see the deep passion and feeling and love I have for you. Look and see!

Story of the Day
As he wrote the letter and reflection of his experience, he began to weep. These were tears of deep emotion. Deep emotion and compassion for others. But he continued in the writing. Then he sent the letter. Upon arrival and subsequent reading, his emotion and deep feelings came through. Came through space and time in some words. Came through to bring forth deep emotion in the reader. The reader shared these same words with close friends and family. Deep emotion once again was had by all who set eye upon the words. People deeply moved. People with spirits being fed. People moved by words to respond. People taught by deep emotional words of how to live life fully. People banding together within some words. As he wrote the letter and reflection of his experience, he began to weep, and some deeply emotional Word jumped onto the letter.

Prayer of the Day
Jesus, my Word, my Light, my Joy, leap into my heart this day and move me as You were moved those years back at Lazarus's tomb. Draw me out of my tomb of sin and death and free me with Your deep movement and compassion. Free me through the Word made Flesh to live eternal life now and forever in You. Out of deep compassion and love I move out day after day in Your Kingdom, overjoyed with love and fellowship to follow Your call and Your leading and Your voice and Your way. Help me to show to all the world my deep emotion and love I have for You so that they too may come to see all You did on that cross. ---Amen

No comments: