Tuesday, September 09, 2008

September 9th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Appreciation

Readings of the Day
John 13.1-20-Simon Peter said to him, "Lord, not my feet only but also my hands and my head!"..."So if I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have set you an example, that you also should do as I have done to you. Very truly, I tell you, servants are not greater than their master, nor are messengers greater than the one who sent them, If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them.
2 Chronicles 18-But Micaiah said, "As the LORD lives, whatever my God says, that I will speak."
Psalm 78.21-37-Yet he commanded the skies above, and opened the doors of heaven; he rained down on them manna to eat, and gave them the grain of heaven. Mortals ate of the bread of angels; he sent them food in abundance.
Deuteronomy 17:2-13- So you shall purge the evil from Israel. All the people will hear and be afraid, and will not act presumptuously again.

God's Word of the Day
You have sinned and deserve death and damnation. But I have rained down Manna from heaven. I have given you the Bread of Life. Now go alive in service to Me and those I set before you this day and forever.

Story of the Day
We didn't expect to be in this place. We came to visit our friend. As we visited, another patient came forward. She had some issues of her own. She would act a little different. But somehow you could tell she had a heart of gold. Her own father at the same time was hospitalized also. Hospitalized with a heart condition. This sweet lady had grown up dependant on her father. She couldn't live on her own. So she sat at table with us. We involved her in conversation. And she blessed our lives with an open, honest and transparent spirit. A spirit that let Christ shine through. We didn't expect to be in this place. We came to visit our friend. And we found out that we were visited by Christ.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You come out of nowhere. You come out of nowhere to my door day after day and invite me out to play in Your Kingdom with You. You invite me out in relationship with You and those we meet. You come out of nowhere and feed me the Bread of Life. I can't figure it out. I know from my sin that I deserve to be taken outside the city and stoned to death. I know that I deserve damnation, imprisonment and death. I am the evil that needs to be purged. Yet You come out of nowhere and feed me the Bread of Life. You redeem me and use me to work as a servant in Your Kingdom. What joy You have brought into my life, my King, my Savior, my Friend out of nowhere! ---Amen

No comments: