Wednesday, September 03, 2008

September 3rd - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Patience and perseverance

Readings of the Day
John 10.1-21-I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
2 Chronicles 8-Thus all the work of Solomon was accomplished from the day the foundation of the house of the LORD was laid until the house of the LORD was finished completely.
Psalm 73-But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, to tell of all your works.
Matthew 12.22-32-Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

God's Word of the Day
You have life in Me. I am always near and with you and by your side as you work and serve in My Kingdom day by day.

Story of the Day
We flew through the air. It would only take me a second or two to travel a thousand miles. I flew through the air along and with so many others. You couldn't even see us coming. Most people couldn't even hear us coming or going. Back and forth over thousands of miles, we flew through the air. We flew through the air carrying voices of the one's at the source. Voices of people with messages that reached out to other people at our stop points. We flew through the air with a message that brought relationships with other people. What a purpose we had. Some of the messages were of love. Other messages were of rescue. Some messages were just helpful information for others in a time of need. The message was the source of our purpose. But we flew through the air delivering vital and important messages of love to those people in relationship with one another. We flew through the air and it only took a second or two. It was really easy and fun to do. Fill me with a message and I'll be off to fly again.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, use me each day to take Your Message to those I'm in relationship with each day. Let me fly through the air with Your Message of Hope, Love, Strength, Perseverance and Patience; all found in Jesus. Be in relationship with me as I am in relationship with those You have blessed me with this day. Permit me to live these relationships abundantly and lovingly. Build all my relationships on Your sure foundation and rise up the temple You would have for me to be this day. It is good You are near and here day after day. Walk by my side as I join side by side with others this day and let me fly with Your Message to all the world. ---Amen

No comments: