Saturday, September 20, 2008

September 20th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Recharge

Readings of the Day
John 20.1-18-But go to my brothers and say to them, "I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."
2 Chronicles 31-And every work that he undertook in the service of the house of God, and in accordance with the law and the commandments, to seek his God, he did with all his heart; and he prospered.
Psalm 87-Singers and dancers alike say, "All my springs are in you."
Psalm 145.1-8-Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; his greatness is unsearchable.

God's Word of the Day
I AM the everlasting spring of life. I have risen and live. My greatness is unsearchable.

Story of the Day
It was time for another treatment. Take the pills and wait. Monitor temperature and blood pressure. Checks by the nurse. Then the saline and then the treatment. As the drug drips into the IV I read and relax. I ponder the wonders that God has given to humans through the medical field. I ponder the complexities of the human body. I ponder mortality and death. I also ponder life and living abundantly blessed even in this failing body of mine. I ponder eternal life and how I am already on this journey of eternal life with my Lord and Savior by my side. I ponder what a blip in eternity this three to four hour treatment really is. I ponder all the blessings of the relationships God has gifted me with throughout my life. I ponder and give thanks to a God whose greatness is unsearchable. A God who goes way beyond human understanding. I give thanks that God is who He is and comes to me even in this broken sinful state, to walk by my side in His gracious gift of Life. I ponder that spring that always provided the Life Giving Water. I ponder an ascended Savior who goes to my Father for me and brings my Father close to me. I ponder and give my whole heart, soul and very gut to God with all I have. It's time for another treatment and I ponder God.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You are always near with the treatment that I always need. You give me life and give it abundantly. You have blessed me and been gracious to me. You have forgiven me and died for my sin. Your greatness is unsearchable. You are awesome and loving. Be with me and teach me to treat others as You have treated me. For I desire to do Your will and walk in Your way day by day throughout eternity. ---Amen

No comments: