Sunday, September 28, 2008

September 28th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Rest

Readings of the Day
2 John-And this is love, that we walk according to his commandments; this is the commandment just as you have heard it from the beginning--you must walk in it.
Ezra 5-6-With joy they celebrated the festival of unleavened bread seven days; for the LORD had made them joyful...
Psalm 93-The LORD is King, he is robed in majesty...
Matthew 21.23-32-He answered, "I will not"; but later he changed his mind and went.

God's Word of the Day
I command you to rest and I call you to obedience, both of these are needed.

Story of the Day
In the spring of the year I came to life. It was time to wake up and go to work. I was to be obedient to my call. I was to wake up and produce the oxygen needed. So buds and leaves began to form. During the day I grew. I took in the sunlight and my leaves grew. I grew new branches and spread out further from the previous year. All summer long I took in water and sun and made the oxygen I was called to make. Then fall came. It was time to prepare to rest for the winter. My leaves gave off the beauty of the season of life that showed maturity and wisdom. I was wonderfully beautiful in the fall of the year. As my leaves fell to the ground, I prepared myself to rest for the winter. Then through the winter I rested. I prepared for another season of life giving action in obedience to my Creator.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You call us to action. May I be obedient to Your call and be Your disciple. You also grant us rest. May I be obedient to the rest You give. You know the cycle and path I need to take. I look to Your wisdom, Your plan, Your understanding and listen for Your direction. May I be obedient to Your call and be Your disciple. Transform my mind and spirit and change it when it needs changed to abide by Your will and Your way. For You alone are God my King, robed in majesty, now and forever. ---Amen

No comments: