Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September 30th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Safety

Readings of the Day
Jude-But you, beloved, build yourselves up on your most holy faith; pray in the Holy Spirit; keep yourselves in the love of God; look forward to the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life.
Ezra 9-10-Here we are before you in our guilt, though no one can face you because of this.
Psalm 95-O come let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the LORD, our Maker!
Judges 16.1-22-But he did not know the LORD had left him.

God's Word of the Day
Keep in My Love. I have come to you and called you. Do not turn away from Me.

Story of the Day
I did it three times. The man I was following the past few years was on trial. It was a trial that he didn't deserve. People were upset in so many ways. Some were mad because he didn't turn out to be the man they thought he would be. Others were mad because he was gaining attention and leading many people in a direction they didn't like. Some of the people even thought that he may take away their power from them. I was his follower. At first I thought he was wrong. He told me I would do it three times and I didn't believe him. But I did it three times. I did it and didn't even realize I was doing it till he looked me in the eyes. It was as if he stared into my soul. How bad I felt now. I did it three times. And now I ran away in shame. I ran away and hid. I ran away from him. But after the whole ordeal was over. After he came back and gathered us together. He did it three times. He showed his love in triplicate. He forgave me. He came to me and gave me direction. How could I have ever run away from him? I did it three times and then he did it three times. Denial times three then love times three. I did it three times and he did it three times.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, keep me in the safety of Your Love. Keep me in Your arms. When I deny; love me. When I betray; teach me. When I sin; forgive me. I come to You knowing that I am sinful and in need. I know I need You. For I deny, I betray, I sin and cannot free myself. I need You to free me from sin, death and the devil. I do it and need You. I worship and adore You my Savior and my God. For only in You can I find hope, faith and love. Only in You can I be transformed. I give my sinful self to You. I place my life in Your hands. Let me live in the safety of Your arms, my Lord and Shepherd. Lead me, teach me, guide me and use me in Your Kingdom, today, tomorrow and forever. ---Amen

No comments: